This is going to be amazing…
Quinoa is a healthy grain that is considered a superfood. It has more protein than potatoes, brown rice or millet and has a high amino acid content. In addition, quinoa is a good source of magensium, iron and dietary fiber. While tabbouleh normally uses bulgur, a form of wheat, this recipe provides a healthy, gluten-free alternative by incorporating quinoa.
Serving size: 3/4 cup, makes about 6 servings
- 1 cup(s) uncooked quinoa
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 1/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 cup(s) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add quinoa, stirring frequently, until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to a medium saucepan. Add water and 3/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce…
View original post 84 more words