This sounds like a yummy recipe to try. It’s so hard not to eat large quantities of guac when it’s placed in front of you…
The peas needed something other than salt and lime. I added green onion, garlic and cilantro. The result is a creamy dip, cool and refreshing. Slightly sweet but well-balanced with the garlic, onion and cilantro. Is it the same as the real thing? No. But it’s a tasty spread in its own right, a lighter guacamole. Less fat than the traditional. Awesome in tacos and with tortilla chips. Next time I would consider adding some jalapeno’s to add some heat.
- 1 Hass avocado
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated or minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup, packed, cilantro
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Thaw peas by placing them in a seive and running them under cool water. Be sure to drain very well.
- In a food processor, using the s-shaped blade, add all ingredient and blend until smooth. Stopping the machine as needed to scrap down the sides. Taste for seasoning, add more salt if needed.
- Serve with chips.
via Lighter guacamole and this weeks menu | infinebalance.